Sunday, June 28, 2009

Recipe: Gluten Free Wraps

Did you ever think it was possible? To have a gluten free wrap or tortilla that wouldn't break or split, that is? The recipe I share with you today comes from Karina's Kitchen: Fresh Recipes from a Gluten-Free Goddess. If you haven't checked out her blog, it's amazing - truly one of my favorite blogs to follow in the GF recipe realm. Her stories make me want to curl up with a hot cup of tea on the couch - they are so eloquently written; I've replicated countless recipes and have a long waiting list of still others to try; and the best part is - they are easy to make with simple, good quality ingredients.

Gluten Free Millet Buckwheat Wraps is a delicious recipe for pliable wraps. No fancy equipment needed here, but if you do have a tortilla press, Karina instructs on how to do it both ways. I always make her recipes exactly as she does when I replicate it for the first time; then I experiment with my own. For example, next time I make these I'll probably use cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg topped with fresh berries and whipped cream for a sweet breakfast treat or dessert smeared with Nutella.

What recipes have you adapted to be gluten free?

No comments: