Jan 17, 2011 09:00 ET
SOURCE: Answers Media
Celiac Disease Awareness: "Is Gluten-Free for Me? Separating Food Facts From Fads"
This story introduces the basics of this particular disease, including its wide-range of symptoms, physician testing, and suggested treatment.
Viewers will not only learn about Cari's personal story of combating severe gastrointestinal complications and depression. They'll also hear from a board-certified pathologist, who can speak about:
- who is affected by Celiac disease
- what gluten is, and how it exacerbates symptoms
- what to do if you are experiencing the symptoms
- description of the simple blood test that can confirm diagnosis
- how simple diet changes can help treatment
Featuring Board-Certified Pathologist
David L. Booker, MD, FCAP
Trinity Hospital of Augusta