Monday, June 1, 2009

New GFWS Blogger

Thank you, Zach, for allowing me to stand in as the Gluten Free Winston-Salem blogger.

I am native to the Winston-Salem area; I lived there from 1983 until 2001, when I graduated from high school. Although I've been living in the Raleigh area for the last 8 years (give or take), I frequent Winston-Salem often to visit with my family, which means - of course - dining out (or in as the case sometimes is), and that can be downright terrifying for someone like you and me with food allergies.

Even though I have not been officially diagnosed with Celiac, I have been gluten free for about 2 years and it has completely changed my life. On average it can take 8 years to get diagnosed for Celiac, and I just didn't want to see any more doctors, I didn't want to have any more tests, I didn't want to be told that I might have this disease or that syndrome; I just wanted to live a healthy life without debilitating ailments.

My goal for the GF Winston Salem blog is to raise awareness about Celiac and gluten intolerance, to share my experience on how being GF has changed my life and how it can change others, and to review what GF resources are available in Winston Salem for those who live there or who visit there. I might even share a few recipes and healthy lifestyle tips.

I am a food and fitness enthusiast, an ACSM certified Personal Trainer, a Certified Public Accountant, and a gluten free girl.

Tell me, followers, who are you? With all the blogs out there, I'd love to hear feedback on what information is valuable to you. If you live in the Winston-Salem area and are interested in blogging, please contact the owner of the Gluten Free NC blogs.

No comments: